Clinton Conservation District
Water Resources Coordinator Job Description:
Please email Cover Letter and Resume to Kelcie Sweeney at Kelcie Sweeney email@example.com
Scope of Work:
The water resources coordinator is responsible for implementation and management of current and future water resources grants, programs and activities. This includes, but is not limited to, grant reporting and assistance with seeking additional funding opportunities consistent with the goals, objectives and mission of the Clinton Conservation District. This position includes field work, such as site reviews and water monitoring, working with landowners, coordinating program events and working with partner organizations related to water resources. Additional duties include working on the annual tree and native plant sales, and other office support activities as needed.
- Grant implementation, including reporting for current and future water resources grants
- Coordinating meetings, including preparation of agenda, minutes, and follow up task reminders
- Maintain all water resources grant files and complete quarterly grant reporting in a timely manner
- Coordinating with partner agencies and contractors on water resources issues and programs
- Providing timely reports and updates to the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Assist with the semi-annual tree sale including organizing inventory, processing orders, helping with tree handout
- Assist with planning District programs and events
- Maintaining accurate and well-organized records
- Seeking and tracking future grant funding opportunities
- Assist the Clinton Conservation District with other programs and office duties as needed
- Completion of a four-year degree in an agriculture or natural resources related field
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and multi-task on several different projects and activities simultaneously while providing timely follow-up to cooperators and project partners
- Strong computer skills including experience Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with co-workers, partners and the general public
- Valid driver’s license
- Must pass federal background check
- Experience writing grants
- Experience working with state and federal water resources grants and programs
- Experience developing and working within project budgets
- Knowledge of natural resources and/or water resources management and monitoring practices
- Knowledge of agricultural conservation practices (cover crops, buffer strips, nutrient management, grassed waterways, etc.)
- Experience developing and planning program events and activities, such as informational and educational activities through the use of displays, newsletters, group presentations, and social media.
- Experience with ArcGIS
The position may require sitting for long hours, using office equipment and computers, occasional lifting of supplies and materials and other conditions typically associated with working in an office environment. Work requires personal contact with co-workers, contractors, landowners, and operators to exchange information, provide technical assistance services, and for the implementation of conservation practices. The position may require field visits where average agility and dexterity is necessary. Protective gear and clothing such as hard hat, boots, and gloves may be worn during field visits. Occasionally this position will require working outdoors, in various weather conditions, and lifting items up to 50 pounds. This position requires regular personal contact with co-workers and the public.
This position is under the supervision of the Executive Director. This position may supervise interns, volunteers or student trainees at times.
Office hours are 8:00am-4:30pm. Some evenings and weekends may be occasionally required. This is a full-time, fixed-term position. This position is predominantly grant funded. It is anticipated that the individual in this position will assist in applying for and obtaining grant funding to continue this position.
Expected Salary Range:
This position has a salary range of $16.50-$19/hour, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Other fringe benefits may apply.